1. Start to put together a file list of all your creditors and how much you owe. Get some folders and a small file box.
2. List all real property, how much you owe, and the account number for the mortgage, and put that in a file folder.
3. If you are self employed, what is your inventory worth? What is your business debt? write that down for me.
4. Do you have any Social security payments, alimony or unemployment? Let me know.
5. Want to keep that car? We’ll need to know how much you owe and when you bought it.
6. Represent everything to the best of your ability. The court is reasonable and will work with you. Just represent the truth and it will be fine.
7. Get an attorney that specializes in this area. We do this every day, we have seen it all, including all the ways that we can help you. You might be surprised to find that all collection calls stop, and you can sleep at night again.
If you call right now, we can set up an appointment. If you are ready to gather what you need while waiting for the appointment you can start to fill out the form. we don’t require this to be filled out for the meeting, but eventually we will need it. (207) 699-1314